Sunday, October 14, 2007

It's Contagious...

Did you ever notice how a smile is contagious? Or a yawn? Or singing? Dancing?

I'm sure you get the picture.

Just being NICE is also contagious. And it certainly isn't very difficult or doesn't cost much to be NICE. I discovered this simple premise at a very young age and it has served me well through the years. I've steered clear of many confrontations just by being NICE and I know I've received a great many favors because I was NICE to someone. It really isn't that hard to be NICE and the world becomes a much happier and better place if you are NICE.

It's one of my favorite four letter words.

That being said, I would be remiss not to mention the great fortune we had on our recently completed Duluth trip, as every tour guide, hotel worker, waitress, etc. were all extremely friendly, helpful and nice. It's something I think all of us on the trip noticed and were very appreciative of.

Take this gentleman for example.


He served as our guide when we went inside and up the spiral stairs to the top of the famous Split Rock Lighthouse. He not only looked the part, but he seemed genuinely happy in what he was doing. As I mentioned before, everyone we came in contact with was very NICE.

This has all been leading up to a special 'thank you' to our extremely NICE (and very competent, I might add) bus driver.....Don.

I don't know if he reads this blog or not, but his patience, sense of humor, willingness to offer help and suggestions and cooperation did not go unnoticed. To the best bus driver we could have asked for, on our very first travel-ography.com excursion, a big and sincere THANK YOU, Don.

Less than a month away !

The group that is going with us to New York City has less than a month to wait for a very exciting adventure into the most exciting city on Earth.
The 'pulse' of the 'Big Apple' is undeniable. From Times Square, to the Theater District on Broadway, to Central Park, to Museums, Restaurants, the Statue of Liberty, and did I mention 'shopping'....we'll do and see as much as possible during our 4 day 3 night stay.

Bring it on !!!

Much more about New York in the following posts. You can subscribe to this blog absolutely free simply by signing up at the top of the page.

Steve

No comments: